Google Search Engine Marketing Videos
Keep in mind the business objectives of search engines when viewing information from them. In competitive auctions some people win and some people lose. Please note that many of Google's tools that optimize your ad accounts (budget optimizer, campaign optimizer) actually lower your profit margins and send more profits off to the GooglePlex. World renown Google AdWords experts like Andrew Goodman warn against heavy reliance on ad budget optimization tools offered from search engines:
Their new Conversion Optimizer is in beta. I recently gave it a spin. From a limited test, you don't get much information, but FWIW my result was poor, in the sense that we got worse results with the optimizer "on" than we did with it "off" compared with the same days a week before, and immediately preceding days. Because it was a high volume account, I only left it on for about two days before shutting the experiment down. What particularly concerned me is that we had lower conversion volume as well as higher costs per acquisition. That's both of the key metrics going in the wrong direction.
Google has made their AdWords program more oblique through the use of quality scores that aim to reduce ad costs for trusted merchants while increasing costs for smaller lesser known advertisers (and advertisers who run sloppy off target ad campaigns). In a blog post Google also mentioned that they dislike certain types of websites, and will render many of them unprofitable by doling out a low quality score. If Google renders your model irrelevant it is easier to create a new business model than it is to get them to change how they approach advertising.
Their advice on optimizing AdSense ad placement might also cause some webmasters to get too aggressive with monetization to where they undermine their site credibility and hurt their long term revenue potential.
Google AdWords & AdSense Videos
Google Ad Auction Basics
How Google AdWords Quality Score Works
More Google Videos
- how to create an AdWords account - very basic
- how AdSense ads work - very basic
- Google Content Network - talks about Google's AdSense product works.
- Google AdWords learning center - free videos and quizzes about learning how various aspects of the Google AdWords system work.
- Google Business Channel on Youtube - a variety of mostly AdWords focused videos
- Keep in mind Google's bias and perspective when watching their videos. They want to make money and they sell the ads. Their advice on things like budget optimizer (which I would never recommend using) might be a bit self serving.
Looking for Top Paying AdSense Keywords?
This 7 minute and 26 second video was created by our team. It...
- explains why most top paying AdSense keyword lists are of little value, and
- how you can quickly build a targeted list of high value keywords for free
Press launch event video highlighting how Google Instant works
Matt Cutts Videos
Google Search Engineer Matt Cutts focuses mostly on organic SEO. Here is a list of Matt Cutts SEO videos, which he made while he was trying to promote Google Video before Google eventually bought YouTube.
Talks @ Google
Gain a Competitive Advantage Today
Your top competitors have been investing into their marketing strategy for years.
Now you can know exactly where they rank, pick off their best keywords, and track new opportunities as they emerge.
Explore the ranking profile of your competitors in Google and Bing today using SEMrush.
Enter a competing URL below to quickly gain access to their organic & paid search performance history - for free.
See where they rank & beat them!